Wednesday, February 22, 2012

sometimes being a little antisocial is helpful ..

this morning i worked at an idea for a while, until 9am.

when i thought about heading to the office, continuing with other bits of work, i got up to fetch my knapsack .. but then paused.

we have many visitors, this week;
there's lunch and then a seminar [1],
probably afterwards, a few discussions ..

.. so i sat down again, looked once more at my diagram ..

maybe 10am instead?

.. and continued to work at my kitchen table, with these funny "projections" on Lebesgue null sets.



i like my colleagues, i enjoy talking with them, but time often runs away if i don't keep a close watch on it ..

.. and in general, projects don't naturally fit themselves into my schedule.

like anyone else's work, my projects need attention and creativity .. and according to zenhabits, creativity needs solitude: to paraphrase,

“In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for contructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.” 
~Rollo May.

at any rate, solitude may not be necessary for me, but it is sufficient.  so to my friends, i enjoy your company ..

.. but i'll see you, sometime.  there's work to do. q-:


[1] as a general rule, seminars in finland are 2 hours long (2 x 45 min).  suffice it to say that it's something of a time investment.

No comments: