Wednesday, April 16, 2008

enough typing. now: paper.

i don't plan to have my laptop on tonight. up to corrupted files through email, the thesis is now in the hands of my committee.

it's now time for comments and criticism. i have a paper copy and will add my own red ink to the pool. as for reasons why,
  1. perhaps that will be the easiest way to understand the comments of others when i receive them;

  2. as of now, i feel that all my editing has been local. i've worried about this-or-that section of that-or-this chapter. i've asked myself if this theorem makes sense and if its proof is correct and/or clear.

    as for the whole, maybe it is a monster and there are no "morals" in it, only disparate bits. it wouldn't be what i want, because there are overarching principles in this work.

    believe me: it's not pages and pages of cleverness.
    i'm not that good of a mathematician!

at any rate, the endgame is near. the defense is in 2 1/2 weeks, with deadlines before and after.

also, i have talk abstracts due and travels to plan. it should be an interesting 5-6 weeks ..

No comments: