Thursday, September 18, 2008

priorities.

i was discharged this morning and i made it to cover my office hour today. after helping out my students, this occurred to me:

i don't do as much listening as i used to do. the student would say something, try to ask the right question to express his confusion, and all i could think was how do i explain that it's this way?

maybe this is a sign of efficiency. if i listened closely to all of my students, then i would be a commendable teacher, but i would also have no time for anything else.

it still bothers me;
then again, so do my unwritten articles and grant proposals and talks. \-:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,

I recently started a math tutoring blog and am looking to add some related sites to our blogroll. I was wondering if you would be willing to exchange links with me. If you are interested I will be glad to add you to http://mathtutorlab.com

Thanks,

Tony