Sunday, December 19, 2010

the button has been clicked.

so i just sealed the fates of 140+ caΙculus iii students. it's done. course grades are now in "approved" status.
in previous semesters, students that had unexpectedly low final exam scores wrote me back right away, or showed up randomly in my office during the next semester.

i guess they just wanted to know why, which i can understand.
so this semester i pre-emptively wrote them about it. whether or not this is a good idea remains to be seen: the optimist would say that since the instructor explained the situation first, then the news is easier to take ..

.. but i myself tend to shoot messengers
(at least in my own mind)

sometimes, bad news is just bad news.

1 comment:

Pickles and Onions said...

I think its brilliant that you took the time to do that. You'll still get shot though ;)