Thursday, March 06, 2008

future event.

wow. the advisor's memorial conference looks to be an impressive event. all sorts of people will be attending, including many "famous" people in our little part of the mathematics universe.

i should really submit my title/abstract soon.
i keep forgetting.

also, giving a talk in that forum worries me. with an audience like that, now my talk has to be good! \:




added @ 15:44: i don't know what it is about my office. why am i so much more productive when i'm not working there?

added @ 16:30: it's also quite useful to have a pad of paper ready, even while typing/LaTeXing. on a conventional laptop, i find it hard to 'ad-lib' when working out a proof of something that i want to add to the file.

for me, to do math essentially means to do math on paper, or say, on a blackboard.

No comments: