Thursday, September 13, 2007

serving two masters.

i guess i think of it more like "guild master" and not "slave-master," which means that i could be an apprentice. maybe postdocs are journeymen, then.

anyways: the adviser is well enough to tolerate my mathematics again, and recently i've begun talking with another member of my thesis committee about my research and its state of affairs.

i spoke with the adviser yesterday,
and i've spoken with the committee member just earlier, today.

it's been interesting, as well as a little difficult. i'm learning how to explain what i've done and what i think to someone "new," from the very beginning. i guess this will make me more accountable, or at least, more understandable.

one person understanding you is a fluke;
two people understanding you is a coincidence ..
so let me get back to you,
when i can convince a third person to listen to me .. q:


yeah.. so maybe there is hope.

No comments: