Friday, September 07, 2007

epilogue to "me, the morning misanthrope"

a few days ago i woke early again (ca. 7:30am) and without really thinking about it, made a pot of coffee and moved to brush my teeth. it was then that i realised that i would have to work at home ..

.. because sometimes, the coffee tells you where to work.

walking into the bedroom, there remained the detritus of which i spoke before, lying upon the desk. it was my only option: i cannot work on the couch in the living room or couches in general, because i cannot write well while juggling pages atop a sturdy plane, in turn atop my lap ..

(and then, there are pens to worry about!)

even without caffeine, the solution became obvious:
  i took an empty cardboard box,
  shoved everything on top of my desk into the box,
  put the box on top of my bed, [1]
  pulled out my pens and pages and other work materials,

voilà: problem solved.

whistling happily to myself, i headed to the kitchen to pour myself a coffee, ready for a productive morning .. and indeed, it was. (:

[1] that wasn't a mistake. you see, if there is a box on the bed, then i'd have to move it out of the way in the event that i would get back in bed. trusting to laziness, it assured one less means of procrastination.

No comments: