Tuesday, January 26, 2010

yeah!

i almost own a copy of this book, actually.
 

If I were a Springer-Verlag Graduate Text in Mathematics, I would be Frank Warner's Foundations of Differentiable Manifolds and Lie Groups.

I give a clear, detailed, and careful development of the basic facts on manifold theory and Lie Groups. I include differentiable manifolds, tensors and differentiable forms. Lie groups and homogenous spaces, integration on manifolds, and in addition provide a proof of the de Rham theorem via sheaf cohomology theory, and develop the local theory of elliptic operators culminating in a proof of the Hodge theorem. Those interested in any of the diverse areas of mathematics requiring the notion of a differentiable manifold will find me extremely useful.

Which Springer GTM would you be? The Springer GTM Test

2 comments:

Leonid said...

J, I like your sixth chapter. ;)

I read parts of this book for my graduate class. 9 years ago. Time flies.

janus said...

i, too, read some of it when i was a graduate student .. 4-5 years ago? time does fly.

at the time, my work on lipschιtz manifοlds hadn't yet become pointless .. \-: