Thursday, February 09, 2006

thursday night routine.

as i feared, the study of the smooth category continues. this is the sharpness result that will never go away; i fear now that it will haunt me until past my fifth year!

but it's thursday, after (1) my research meeting with the advisor, (2) the Analysis Study Seminar, and (3) a few hours at the Brown Jug. if my motivation levels were low last night, then now they have reached a singularity towards -∞. it doesn't help that i should draft and finalise a recommendation letter for a former student of mine.

i haven't attended the post-AnSS Brown Jug excursions for a while .. not since my prelim, now that i think about it. maybe it took that long for me to convince myself that my committee didn't take my poor performance personally. it's funny how irrational fears can dissuade and discourage us.

also, since last fall, some visiting profs had returned to their home universities and some of the postdocs left this term for professional opportunities. the table feels emptier, which is risky for me ..

.. now i have to be witty and entertaining! q:

No comments: