Saturday, August 06, 2005

travelling

I'm at my parents for my biannual visit.

Apparently you can steal wireless internet, even in suburbia. I guess people haven't yet read this article and secured their personal WiFi networks. Oh well: good for me, bad for them. q:



Oddly enough I was able to get some work done on the flight to New York: to my credit I scribbled on the back of my on-line e-ticket printouts (which were on 8.5" x 11" paper), so no observing busybodies registered this as mathematics work. It also helped that the people sitting next to me didn't speak much English, and as a result they didn't feel confident enough to ask.

Small favors, I guess. At any rate I've been silly: the proof works just as I think it does, and the little details do work out in the first step.

Now just N + 1 more steps to go .. \:

No comments: