Thursday, July 21, 2005

a month passes ..

.. and my advisor has returned from .. where he was, earlier.

  (I never asked where he went, and he never mentioned it)

Again I am accountable for my mathematical deeds. Now all I need to do is find him and allow myself to be held accountable.

I guess it hasn't been too unproductive of a month .. but there are few results to speak of. Earlier in June, co-author and I ran into some technical troubles in the final stage of our proof ..

  (for those keeping score at home, this is the second project, not the first)

.. so now the project has been put back on indefinite hold. It only adds to my deep-rooted suspicion that as much as I like geometric problems, I'm likely little good at them and should stick to more analytical topics, such as PDE.

I did have an idea to circumvent that technical difficulty, the other day, but I suppose it has to wait until the weekend. Thesis work comes first.

No comments: